Too often do we hear stories of women and men trying to rid themselves of their loose abdominal skin with a special diet or spot-trained workout routine. While it’s important to exercise and eat right, loose skin unfortunately is not an issue that can always be solved with just a healthy lifestyle. The tummy tuck provides natural-looking results by eliminating excess abdominal skin, as well as tightening stretched abdominal muscles as a result of pregnancy, weight loss, or the natural aging process.
What is a tummy tuck?
A tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, procedure is performed to reshape and renew the abdominal area by artfully trimming away excess skin and repairing the underlying muscles to create a slimmer, tighter, and natural-looking figure. Dr. Leipziger recommends tummy tuck surgery for anyone who is unhappy with the look or feel of their abdomen due to stubborn issues such as:
- Loose or sagging areas of skin
- A “belly pooch” appearance caused by outstretched muscles
- Stubborn, hard to lose areas of fat around the abdomen (although Dr. Leipziger may recommend combining your tummy tuck with liposuction for reducing fat)
Many of Dr. Leipziger’s tummy tuck patients have experienced significant changes to their abdominal area due to significant weight fluctuations or pregnancy. These changes cause the skin and abdominal wall muscles to become stretched and often lack the elasticity to shrink back. No amount of exercise will improve this condition.
Dr. Leipziger says, “a tummy tuck aims to solve this dilemma, by ridding your body of excess skin and tightening the abdominal wall muscles. This will improve your core, tighten your waistline and restore a naturally slimmer figure.”
Patient Before & Afters
Dr. Leipziger greatly values the privacy of his patients. He would love to share his tummy tuck patient before and after gallery with you during a private consultation. Please give our office a call to schedule your visit with Dr. Leipziger today.
900 Northern Boulevard, Suite 130
Great Neck, New York 11021
630 Park Ave New York,
New York 10065
“Dr. Leipziger is an incredible plastic surgeon. He was my 3rd consultation for abdominoplasty, and I knew as soon as I met him that he would be the doctor to perform my surgery. He made me feel confident and secure with him and the surgery from the start. He is meticulous and extremely thorough through all the stages of your surgery, pre and post.”5 Star Tummy Tuck Review on RealSelf
Personalizing Your Tummy Tuck
Dr. Leipziger treats each tummy tuck he performs as a completely unique case. He will carefully observe the current state of your abdominal skin and underlying muscles to determine the best approach for your surgery. In some cases, Dr. Leipziger may recommend a mini tummy tuck, which has a shorter scar and less recovery. Dr. Leipziger will customize your procedure based on your anatomy and your ultimate body contouring goals.
1) The primary goal of the tummy tuck is to reduce excess abdominal skin and repair the underlying muscles – not necessarily to target unwanted fat. While Dr. Leipziger may perform small amounts of liposuction to eliminate stubborn fat during a tummy tuck, he recommends that patients be healthy and close to their ideal weight before considering this surgery.
2) Some patients may be right for a mini tummy tuck – which has a shorter scar and recovery period. Dr. Leipziger performs mini tummy tucks for women and men who are struggling with smaller amounts of loose skin mostly below the belly button.
3) Be ready to take two weeks off work recovering from your tummy tuck. It’s important to give your body enough time to properly rest and heal from surgery.
4) Your surgery will be performed under general anesthesia, with a possible overnight stay. You will need to have someone drive you home and assist you during your recovery.
3 Things to Know About Tummy Tuck Recovery
1) Immediately following your tummy tuck, Dr. Leipziger will apply all the necessary dressings and a compression garment. This will assist with proper skin and tissue healing and will minimize swelling. Small surgical drains may also be used.
2) Don’t be shocked! While initial bruising, redness, or raised areas of skin are to be expected around the surgical site, this will gradually fade and flatten over time. As a skilled plastic surgeon, Dr. Leipziger has the artistry needed to achieve extremely natural results with scars easily hidden beneath most underwear and bathing suits.
3) The results of your tummy tuck are designed to last. Once the excess skin is gone – it’s gone for good. By maintaining a healthy lifestyle and stable weight, you will notice the benefits of your tummy tuck for many years to come.
Most importantly, don’t hesitate to give our office a call should you have any questions during your recovery period. Dr. Leipziger will provide you with detailed instructions for your tummy tuck aftercare and will schedule follow-up appointments to monitor your healing and ensure your best possible outcome.
Dr. Leipziger has more than 25 years of experience providing patients with beautifully natural outcomes. He is a national award-winning plastic surgeon and recognized in many national publications including New York Magazine’s Best Doctors with a reputation for excellence and artistry in each procedure he performs.
Your tummy tuck with Dr. Leipziger is not just a tighter abdomen, but an individually sculpted approach customized to your exact body anatomy. Your procedure is tailored to meet your personal expectations and goals.
If you are wanting to discuss your own tummy tuck goals, or simply are curious to learn more, please call our Great Neck office at 516-465-8787 or, our Manhattan office at 212-249- 4500. Dr. Lyle Leipziger is a board-certified plastic surgeon proudly providing upscale plastic surgery experiences to women and men in the Great Neck and Manhattan areas of New York.
For the most discerning patients.
Contact Us Today
* All indicated fields must be completed.
The premier aesthetic practice
on Long Island and Manhattan.