Breast revision surgery may be performed for a number of different reasons. One of the most common is to improve a previous breast augmentation surgery. Although most women love their breast augmentation, the end result may not always live up to every patient’s expectation. In some cases, a patient may have a complication from her surgery such as asymmetry, hardening around the implant, or an issue with one of the implants. Other reasons for revision breast surgery may include, post pregnancy breast changes, weight loss or weight gain, and aging of the breast tissues over time.
Dr. Leipziger takes the time to understand your concerns and approaches breast revision surgery with an artistic eye. His goal is to provide you with improved breast results that address your concerns and meets your expectations.
What is a Breast Revision?
Breast revision surgery is performed to correct various problems or concerns associated with a previous cosmetic breast surgery. These may include:
- Capsular contracture: A hardening of the tissue around the implants
- Asymmetry: Either of the breasts, implants, nipples, or a combination
- Ruptured implant: Breast implants can experience issues with rupture, deflation, or rippling
- Poor positioning of the breast implants: Whether they sit too high or too low on the chest, implants that are not placed well can create a very unnatural appearance
- Post-pregnancy changes: Loss of breast volume and sagging can alter a previous cosmetic breast surgery
- Weight Loss and Weight Gain: May alter the way your breasts appear after your initial cosmetic breast surgery
You may also consider having breast revision surgery to replace older implants, adjust implant size, or possibly remove implants and perform a breast lift.
Dr. Leipziger understands the complexity associated with breast revision surgery and fully evaluates each case individually. Dr. Leipziger takes immense pride in his ability to provide his breast revision surgery patients with improved results that meet their expectations and renew their self-confidence.
As a board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Leipziger is trained in advanced surgical techniques and combines this expertise with an artful approach in order to achieve remarkable outcomes that are truly individually designed for each woman.
Patient Before & Afters
Dr. Leipziger greatly values the privacy of his patients. He would love to share his breast revision patient before and after gallery with you during a private consultation. Please give our office a call to schedule your visit with Dr. Leipziger today.
900 Northern Boulevard, Suite 130
Great Neck, New York 11021
630 Park Ave New York,
New York 10065
“Dr. Leipziger is truly a gifted surgeon and an extraordinary doctor. 11 years ago, I had breast augmentation done by another Physician. Unfortunately, I was not very pleased with the results[…] When I met Dr. Leipziger he made me feel comfortable right away[…] He listened to all my concerns and did not insult the outcome from the original surgery. Dr. Leipziger did an excellent job of setting up what the expectations should be for the surgery and after. I am extremely happy with the results from the surgery. Every issue I had with my previous surgery has been fixed. I never thought it was possible to have this outcome! He’s definitely the best!!!”5 Star Breast Revision Review on Google
1) Your revision surgery with Dr. Leipziger will likely be approached differently than your initial procedure. Performing surgery on previously operated breasts requires expertise and skill. Dr. Leipziger will carefully evaluate your breasts to determine the best possible approach for achieving your ideal outcome. In some cases, the same incision sites can be used, but Dr. Leipziger will make specific recommendations based on your unique case and provide you with improved results.
2) Be ready to take some off work to recover from surgery – similar to your initial cosmetic breast surgery. This may vary depending upon what breast procedure is performed.
3) Have a family member or friend ready to drive you home from surgery. While an overnight stay at the hospital is not necessary, your breast revision will be performed under general anesthesia, so it is important you have someone ready to drive you home once your procedure is complete.
3 Things to Know About Breast Revision Recovery
1) Once your breast revision surgery is complete, Dr. Leipziger will place bandages and a surgical bra over your breasts. You likely were required to wear this following your initial breast surgery, and it will help to ensure proper healing of the breasts and surrounding tissue following your revision surgery.
2) You will need to avoid lifting and other exercise or activities that require excessive movement, stretching, or bending during the recovery period.
3) The recovery period may be a bit different than what you had experienced during your initial breast surgery. In some cases, a woman’s breast revision recovery period may be shorter or less painful than her initial breast surgery recovery. Dr. Leipziger will use advanced surgical techniques to keep incision lines hidden and minimize any post-surgical scarring.
Most importantly, don’t hesitate to give our office a call should you have any questions during your recovery period. Dr. Leipziger will provide you with detailed instructions for your breast revision aftercare and will schedule follow-up appointments to monitor your healing and ensure your best possible outcome.
Dr. Leipziger has more than 25 years of experience providing patients with beautifully natural outcomes. He is a national award-winning plastic surgeon and recognized in many national publications including New York Magazine’s Best Doctors with a reputation for excellence and artistry in each procedure he performs.
Dr. Leipziger addresses each breast revision surgery with a three-dimensional perspective, much like an artist would when looking at a sculpture. He sees the whole person rather than just the frontal or side view of the breast anatomy. Proportion and balance are always at the top of his mind while creating the precise surgical plan for your breast revision surgery. It is Dr. Leipziger’s attention to detail that ultimately makes the difference between a patient being previously unhappy, and afterwards becoming thrilled with her new breast revision results.
If you are wanting to discuss your own breast revision goals, or simply are curious to learn more, please call our Great Neck office at 516-465-8787 or, our Manhattan office at 212-249- 4500. Dr. Lyle Leipziger is a board-certified plastic surgeon proudly providing upscale plastic surgery experiences to women and men in the Great Neck and Manhattan areas of New York.
For the most discerning patients.
Contact Us Today
* All indicated fields must be completed.
The premier aesthetic practice
on Long Island and Manhattan.