One of the first areas to show its age is our necks. Skin loosens and begins to sag, and horizontal creases slowly appear like rings around the neck, and muscles become lax producing neck banding. With a uniquely tailored neck lift based on your specific concerns, Dr. Leipziger can provide you with a contoured jaw and neckline, resulting in the naturally youthful neck you remember.
What is a neck lift?
A neck lift is a cosmetic facial surgery performed to tighten loose skin to reshape the neck for a more youthful appearance. With a neck lift, Dr. Leipziger is able to effectively address common age-related concerns such as:
- Loose or drooping jowls
- Excess neck skin
- A “turkey neck”
- Neck muscle banding
Designing Your Ideal Neck Lift
In order to create a naturally younger-looking contour, Dr. Leipziger approaches each individual case as its own unique canvas. With an artistic approach, combined with decades of experience as a board-certified plastic surgeon, he is able to elegantly reshape the underlying tissue and muscle for a stronger, firmer foundation. He then carefully removes any excess skin that might be causing issues with jowls or a “turkey neck” appearance in order to create a smooth and youthful contouring of the skin.
In most cases a neck lift is done in combination with a facelift in order to treat wrinkles, folds, and loose skin around the mid to lower regions of the face. Dr. Leipziger may also recommend an associated procedure such as neck liposuction to remove any stubborn neck fat.
Patient Before & Afters
Dr. Leipziger greatly values the privacy of his patients. He would love to share his neck lift patient before and after gallery with you during a private consultation. Please give our office a call to schedule your visit with Dr. Leipziger today.
900 Northern Boulevard, Suite 130
Great Neck, New York 11021
630 Park Ave New York,
New York 10065
“It doesn’t get better! If you are looking for the best look no further. Everything he said he would do was done to perfection. We discussed all and he sure delivered. The results are superb and so very natural.”5 Star Review on RealSelf
1) The neck lift is often combined with a facelift and vice versa. The combination of the facelift with the neck lift is able to provide patients with some of the most natural, and beautifully balanced outcomes. Dr. Leipziger recommends this for anyone looking to completely rejuvenate their look and take back their youthful self.
2) Your neck will feel tight immediately after surgery. The tight feeling will quickly dissipate, and you will look naturally contoured.
3) Be ready to take a couple weeks off work to recover. It’s important to give your skin, body, and mind enough time to rest up and heal. You’ll be showing off your younger-looking self in no time! You will need to have someone drive you home and assist you during your recovery.
3 Things to Know About Neck Lift Recovery
1) Surgical dressings will be placed around your neck immediately after your surgery. This will help to minimize swelling and ensure optimal healing.
2) Your neck might feel a bit too tight during the first few weeks of recovery. This is not permanent and will gradually feel more comfortable and normal as the skin heals to its new, youthful contours.
3) Neck lift surgery results are long-lasting and tend to slow down the appearance of aging. What this means is that you will be able to maintain your more youthful look and age more gracefully.
Most importantly, don’t hesitate to give our office a call should you have any questions during your recovery period. Dr. Leipziger will provide you with detailed instructions for your neck lift aftercare and will schedule follow-up appointments to monitor your healing and ensure your best possible outcome.
Dr. Leipziger has more than 25 years of experience providing patients with beautifully natural outcomes. He is a national award-winning plastic surgeon and recognized in many national publications including New York Magazine’s Best Doctors with a reputation for excellence and artistry in each procedure he performs.
Your neck lift with Dr. Leipziger will be completely personalized to your specific goals, concerns, and unique neck and facial anatomy. With each procedure he performs, Dr. Leipziger skillfully and artistically strives to produce beautiful results that you will love for years after your procedure.
If you are wanting to discuss your own neck lift goals, or simply are curious to learn more, please call our Great Neck office at 516-465-8787 or, our Manhattan office at 212-249- 4500. Dr. Lyle Leipziger is a board-certified plastic surgeon proudly providing upscale plastic surgery experiences to women and men in the Great Neck and Manhattan areas of New York.
For the most discerning patients.
Contact Us Today
* All indicated fields must be completed.
The premier aesthetic practice
on Long Island and Manhattan.