Get rid of unwanted body fat while creating younger, fuller facial contours. It may sound too good to be true, but that is exactly what Dr. Leipziger achieves through a personalized facial fat transfer treatment. This doesn’t create a face that looks heavy, but rather enhances facial contours restoring a youthful look.
What is a facial fat transfer?
Simply put, Dr. Leipziger takes fat from your abdomen, flanks or hips, and transfers it to the face to create a more youthful sculpted facial appearance. Also referred to as fat grafting, the donor fat cells are collected by performing liposuction, and then processed before being injected at specific points throughout the face to provide you with your desired outcome.
Fat grafting can help with the correction of common age-related concerns, including:
- A loss of facial volume or a gaunt/sunken appearance
- Overly angular or aged facial contours
- Moderate to severe facial folds or wrinkles
Fat grafting is a minimally invasive procedure. While the injection of the fat into the face is non-surgical, liposuction will be used to acquire the donor fat cells.
Designing Your Ideal Facial Fat Transfer
Dr. Leipziger will completely personalize your facial fat transfer based on your desired goals and facial structure. Fat grafting is not as simple as taking fat from one area and reinjecting it into the face. It takes an experienced and artistic eye to know just where to reinject the fat in order to create a natural shape and youthful contour that complements your face.
The donor site will depend largely on where you are looking to lose a bit of unwanted fat. Patients often choose to have liposuction performed on their abdomen, back, thighs, or buttocks where excess fat is a common concern. Dr. Leipziger then carefully maps out the specific facial injection sites, noting just the right amount of fat to add for the desired outcome.
Patient Before & Afters
Dr. Leipziger greatly values the privacy of his patients. He would love to share his facial fat transfer patient before and after gallery with you during a private consultation. Please give our office a call to schedule your visit with Dr. Leipziger today.
900 Northern Boulevard, Suite 130
Great Neck, New York 11021
630 Park Ave New York,
New York 10065
“Dr. Leipziger is an amazing doctor! Best experience from start to finish. He really knows how to achieve the look his patients are going for and goes above and beyond. Great bedside manner, and extremely [knowledgeable]. Highly recommend!”5 Star Plastic Surgery Review on Google
1) A fat transfer can be used as a wonderful and natural alternative to facial fillers. As Dr. Leipziger says, “non-surgical fat grafting is really like injectables on steroids.” While it may not be right for everyone, Dr. Leipziger will discuss your various options and make recommendations based on your specific concerns and goals.
2) Be ready to take a couple of days off work while you recover. Because this is a minimally invasive procedure, most patients are able to resume normal life more quickly than with other cosmetic facial procedures – typically back to work and their regular routine within a few days. However, this also greatly depends on where and how much liposuction was performed for your procedure.
3) Your procedure will be performed under intravenous sedations or light anesthesia. You will need to have someone drive you home on your day of surgery.
3 Things to Know About Fat Transfer Recovery
1) No facial bandages will be required. A surgical garment will be placed at your fat harvest liposuction site to help control any bruising or swelling. This will also help to contour your donor harvest site.
2) Some bruising and swelling may be expected during the first several days of recovery. This will gradually fade over time revealing your enhanced facial contours.
3) Unlike with most fillers, fat grafting provides long-lasting results. While your body will absorb some amount of the injected fat during the initial recovery (yes, Dr. Leipziger takes that into account when performing your procedure as well), the remaining fat is permanent. For this reason, some women and men may choose to start with fillers before considering a facial fat transfer.
Most importantly, don’t hesitate to give our office a call should you have any questions during your recovery period. Dr. Leipziger will provide you with detailed instructions for your fat transfer aftercare and will schedule follow-up appointments to monitor your healing and ensure your best possible outcome.
Dr. Leipziger has more than 25 years of experience providing patients with beautifully natural outcomes. He is a national award-winning plastic surgeon and recognized in many national publications including New York Magazine’s Best Doctors with a reputation for excellence and artistry in each procedure he performs.
When Dr. Leipziger uses fat grafting to sculpt your face, everything is personalized to your own specific goals, concerns, and unique facial anatomy. With each procedure he performs, Dr. Leipziger adheres to the goal of producing balanced and elegant results.
If you are wanting to discuss your own fat transfer goals, or simply are curious to learn more, please call our Great Neck office at 516-465-8787 or, our Manhattan office at 212-249- 4500. Dr. Lyle Leipziger is a board-certified plastic surgeon proudly providing upscale plastic surgery experiences to women and men in the Great Neck and Manhattan areas of New York.
For the most discerning patients.
Contact Us Today
* All indicated fields must be completed.
The premier aesthetic practice
on Long Island and Manhattan.