They’re often referred to as the windows to the soul, a reflection of one’s spirit, and of course – they cannot tell a lie. So, when the skin of your eyelids slowly begins to show its age, it can feel as though it’s written all over your face. An individually tailored blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery, can help to renew smooth and youthful eyelids for a beautiful and lively appearance.
What is eyelid surgery?
Eyelid surgery can be performed on the upper, lower, or both eyelids. Upper eyelid surgery is used to address loose skin or excess tissue that might be causing a drooping upper eyelid, which in some advanced cases, can cause partial vision obstruction. Lower eyelid surgery can help reduce “bags” or puffiness of the lower lid area and eliminate that “tired “appearance. Think of it as a spark of youth that elegantly livens up the look of your eyes.
Eyelid surgery may also help to reduce the appearance of crow’s feet at the corners of the eyes, but in cases with more developed wrinkles, Dr. Leipziger may recommend supplementing eyelid surgery with a brow lift. The brow lift raises the brow position in order to provide a more open and youthful expression.
Designing Your Ideal Eyelid Surgery
Each eyelid surgery case is extremely unique and Dr. Leipziger artfully tailors each patient’s procedure to their unique concerns and goals. Whereas one patient may only require upper eyelid surgery to target sagging of the upper eyelid skin, another may be bothered by puffy bags beneath the eyes and only require lower eyelid surgery. Many patients benefit from both upper and lower eyelid surgery performed together. In addition, a lower lid tightening procedure may be performed to improve lower lid laxity. Your eyelid procedure will be completely personalized to you.
If you are also curious about procedures that complement the naturally youthful results of eyelid surgery, common combinations include a brow lift, facial fat grafting, facelift, and non-surgical skin treatments and injectables.
Patient Before & Afters
Dr. Leipziger greatly values the privacy of his patients. He would love to share his eyelid surgery patient before and after gallery with you during a private consultation. Please give our office a call to schedule your visit with Dr. Leipziger today.
900 Northern Boulevard, Suite 130
Great Neck, New York 11021
630 Park Ave New York,
New York 10065
“Dr Lyle Leipziger is truly one of the most knowledgeable and talented surgeons around. I am absolutely thrilled with the results from my eye surgery.”5 Star Eyelid Surgery Review on Google
1) Dr. Leipziger designs his eyelid surgery to be completely unique and natural for each patient. He will personalize the steps of your procedure and will discuss all your options when designing your surgery plan.
2) Be ready to take up to one week off from work. You will need to take some time to heal from your eyelid procedure.
3) Your surgery may be performed under intravenous sedation or light anesthesia. You will need to have someone drive you home and assist you during your recovery.
3 Things to Know About Eyelid Surgery Recovery
1) Your eyes may feel a bit tight during the initial week after surgery. This is completely normal and will lessen over time as your eyelids continue to heal. Before you know it, they’ll look and feel just like they did when you were younger.
2) Bruising, swelling, and redness around the eyes is to be expected during the first several days of recovery. This will gradually fade over the next few weeks, revealing your renewed youthful look.
3) Eyelid surgery provides natural-looking and long-lasting results. Dr. Leipziger believes in a naturally youthful appearance that never looks overdone. He will completely tailor your eyelid surgery to provide you with the most elegant results for years to come.
Most importantly, don’t hesitate to give our office a call should you have any questions during your recovery period. Dr. Leipziger will provide you with detailed instructions for your eyelid surgery aftercare and will schedule follow-up appointments to monitor your healing and ensure your best possible outcome.
Dr. Leipziger has more than 25 years of experience providing patients with beautifully natural outcomes. He is a national award-winning plastic surgeon and recognized in many national publications including New York Magazine’s Best Doctors with a reputation for excellence and artistry in each procedure he performs.
Your eyelid surgery with Dr. Leipziger will be completely personalized to your specific facial rejuvenation goals, concerns, and eye characteristics. With each eye procedure he performs, Dr. Leipziger skillfully and artistically considers your facial anatomy and specific goals.
If you are wanting to discuss your own eyelid surgery goals, or simply are curious to learn more, please call our Great Neck office at 516-465-8787 or, our Manhattan office at 212-249- 4500. Dr. Lyle Leipziger is a board-certified plastic surgeon proudly providing upscale plastic surgery experiences to women and men in the Great Neck and Manhattan areas of New York.
For the most discerning patients.
Contact Us Today
* All indicated fields must be completed.
The premier aesthetic practice
on Long Island and Manhattan.