Being a mother is hands down one of the most rewarding experiences in life, however there are changes to your body along the way. Dr. Leipziger sees the mommy makeover as a way for you to do a little something for yourself – taking your body back from the changes that pregnancy and childbirth often leaves behind. A personalized mommy makeover procedure can help to address a variety of issues from sagging or deflated breasts to loose abdominal skin, laxity of abdominal wall muscles, and stubborn fat.
What is a Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover refers to a personalized set of cosmetic procedures designed to address the physical changes that can occur to a woman’s body after having children. This typically includes a combination of breast enhancement and body contouring in order to achieve a complete rejuvenation of the post pregnancy body.
Personalizing Your Mommy Makeover
Each mommy makeover that Dr. Leipziger performs is completely customized to meet the specific concerns and challenges each of his patients is facing.
Some of the most common procedures associated with a mommy makeover include:
- Breast augmentation: Can help to replenish lost volume and restore fullness to the breasts
- Breast lift: Eliminates excess skin in order to lift the breasts to a more youthful position and correct any drooping or sagging
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty): Reduces excess skin around the abdomen and repairs the underlying muscles to create a firmer, slimmer contour of the midsection
- Liposuction: Targets and removes hard-to-lose areas of stubborn fat throughout the body
Other surgical or non-surgical procedures may also be included as part of your complete mommy makeover in order to address specific concerns you may have.
Your mommy makeover can be performed either as a single procedure, addressing both breasts and abdomen at the same time, or as two separate surgeries. This is ultimately up to you and what is best for your lifestyle. Dr. Leipziger may make specific recommendations based on your goals and current situation.
Patient Before & Afters
Dr. Leipziger greatly values the privacy of his patients. He would love to share his mommy makeover patient before and after gallery with you during a private consultation. Please give our office a call to schedule your visit with Dr. Leipziger today.
900 Northern Boulevard, Suite 130
Great Neck, New York 11021
630 Park Ave New York,
New York 10065
“For myself, considering [my] age and having small children, I wanted only the best and to know I would be safe during surgery and satisfied with the outcome. Dr. Leipziger knew I wanted to look [appropriate] for my frame and most importantly, natural! […] I am so [pleased] with my results as I look better than I could ever imagine and so natural! Dr. Leipziger takes the consideration to take every single case as its own and meets the individual needs and wants of each patient.”5 Star Breast Augmentation Review on RealSelf
Mommy Makeover: Your Body as You Remember – Even Better
The ultimate goal of Dr. Leipziger’s mommy makeover procedure is to address the various changes that a woman’s body may experience during pregnancy and childbirth, providing her with a body in which she again feels fully confident and sexy. Women are able to regain their pre-baby shape, and often remark on how they look and feel better than they had in years, even before children.
Dr. Leipziger says, “I have found during my career the impact of a mommy makeover is truly life changing. Patients are so happy to reclaim their pre-pregnancy body.”
1) Your mommy makeover will be completely personalized for you. Dr. Leipziger believes there is no all-encompassing approach to plastic surgery – especially with something as personal as a mommy makeover. “I put a lot of thought and time into every procedure,” he says. “I have mapped out a detailed plan before I enter the operating room.”
2) Dr. Leipziger recommends that you are through having children before considering a mommy makeover. This is because although it is still entirely safe and possible to become pregnant even after surgery, your body may likely experience the same changes that your mommy makeover was initially designed to correct.
3) You may need to take two weeks away from your normal routine as you rest and recover. It is important to allow your family and friends to help out.
4) Your surgery will be performed under general anesthesia, with a possible overnight stay. You will need to have someone drive you home and assist you during your recovery.
3 Things to Know About Mommy Makeover Recovery
1) Your mommy makeover can be performed either as a single procedure, addressing both breasts and abdomen at the same time, or as two separate surgeries. This will depend on what you discuss with Dr. Leipziger. Most patients elect for the convenience of one surgery, however there can be circumstances where a patient may choose to do this in two separate procedures.
2) Mommy makeover recovery timelines may vary. This will depend on the specific procedures being performed, whether they are being done in a single surgery or a staged approach, and other factors associated with your individual case.
3) The end result is worth it. Dr. Leipziger believes the benefits of a personalized mommy makeover make it one of the most positively rewarding procedures in plastic surgery.
Most importantly, don’t hesitate to give our office a call should you have any questions during your recovery period. Dr. Leipziger will provide you with detailed instructions for your mommy makeover aftercare and will schedule follow-up appointments to monitor your healing and ensure your best possible outcome.
Dr. Leipziger has more than 25 years of experience providing patients with beautifully natural outcomes. He is a national award-winning plastic surgeon and recognized in many national publications including New York Magazine’s Best Doctors with a reputation for excellence and artistry in each procedure he performs.
Dr. Leipziger treats the mommy makeover procedure as a set of surgical procedures all working in concert with a single goal of restoring you back to your pre-baby shape. He takes a completely personalized approach to specific breast and body goals, concerns, and your unique body type.
If you are wanting to discuss your own mommy makeover goals, or simply are curious to learn more, please call our Great Neck office at 516-465-8787 or, our Manhattan office at 212-249- 4500. Dr. Lyle Leipziger is a board-certified plastic surgeon proudly providing upscale plastic surgery experiences to women and men in the Great Neck and Manhattan areas of New York.
For the most discerning patients.
Contact Us Today
* All indicated fields must be completed.
The premier aesthetic practice
on Long Island and Manhattan.