Those seemingly invincible problem areas of stubborn fat can finally be effectively targeted with a personalized liposuction with Dr. Leipziger. Smooth, evenly balanced fat reduction for a luxuriously sculpted and natural-looking contour – that is the essential goal of each liposuction performed at our Great Neck or New York City plastic surgery suite.
What is liposuction?
Liposuction is an extremely popular and effective cosmetic body contouring surgery designed to eliminate stubborn areas of fat from specific areas of the face and body. Dr. Leipziger recommends this surgery for women and men who are actively living a healthy lifestyle, but are stuck with stubborn, hard-to-lose problem areas – whether it be a tricky double chin, pesky love-handles, or anything in between.
This body slimming surgery works by targeting the underlying fat cells and removing them from the body through a thin tube called a cannula. Once the fat cells are gone, they are gone for good, leaving behind a slimmer, natural-looking contour of the face or body.
Designing Your Ideal Liposuction
Dr. Leipziger approaches each liposuction patient as a completely unique case. His approach is more “lipo-sculpture,” than traditional liposuction. He fine tunes and enhances your body’s features. “There is no one way to approach any procedure,” he says. It is important to note that liposuction procedures are designed differently for both men and women.
The specifics of your liposuction surgery will depend on the amount and location of the unwanted fat – such as the:
- Bra-strap area
- Thighs (inner and outer)
Equally important are your individual goals and concerns. Based on your unique case, Dr. Leipziger will develop a treatment plan designed to provide you with your ideal sculpted look.
Patient Before & Afters
Dr. Leipziger greatly values the privacy of his patients. He would love to share his liposuction patient before and after gallery with you during a private consultation. Please give our office a call to schedule your visit with Dr. Leipziger today.
900 Northern Boulevard, Suite 130
Great Neck, New York 11021
630 Park Ave New York,
New York 10065
“Dr. Leipziger was highly recommended by a friend that is also his patient. All I can say is what an amazing, kind, understanding and professional doctor he is!”5 Star Review on Google
1) You should be healthy and close to your goal weight before considering liposuction. The goal of this procedure is to target stubborn fat, but it is not safe as a primary method for weight loss.
2) Some patients may benefit by combining liposuction with a skin-contouring surgery such as a tummy tuck. Together, Dr. Leipziger has seen these procedures achieve incredibly elegant and remarkably natural-looking results.
3) Most people find they need to take very little time off work to heal from liposuction. Given the nature of the procedure, recovery timelines vary greatly from patient to patient depending on how much fat was removed and where from. In some cases, it may take just a few days of recovery, whereas others may take a week or two. Dr. Leipziger will give you an idea of what you can expect based on your individual circumstances. You will need to have someone drive you home and assist you during your recovery.
3 Things to Know About Liposuction Recovery
1) Immediately after surgery, Dr. Leipziger will apply all necessary dressings. In some cases, compression sleeves or garments may also be used to minimize swelling and assist with proper healing.
2) You will likely notice an immediate slimming of your liposuction site. While some bruising and swelling is to be expected, many patients see an instantly slimmer figure after their liposuction. The results only get better with time as your skin heals and all swelling dissipates.
3) Once the fat is gone, it’s gone for good. Liposuction literally pulls out unwanted fat cells from the body, leaving behind a naturally slimmer contour. It’s important to maintain a healthy lifestyle and weight to enjoy long-lasting liposuction results.
Most importantly, don’t hesitate to give our office a call should you have any questions during your recovery period. Dr. Leipziger will provide you with detailed instructions for your liposuction aftercare and will schedule follow-up appointments to monitor your healing and ensure your best possible outcome.
Dr. Leipziger has more than 25 years of experience providing patients with beautifully natural outcomes. He is a national award-winning plastic surgeon and recognized in many national publications including New York Magazine’s Best Doctors with a reputation for excellence and artistry in each procedure he performs.
Your liposuction procedure with Dr. Leipziger will be completely personalized to your own specific fat reduction goals and unique body type. Dr Leipziger truly performs liposculpture, utilizing his discerning eye for sculpting contours. Small cannulas are used to give precise smooth results.
If you are wanting to discuss your own fat reduction goals, or simply are curious to learn more, please call our Great Neck office at 516-465-8787 or, our Manhattan office at 212-249-4500. Dr. Lyle Leipziger is a board-certified plastic surgeon proudly providing upscale plastic surgery experiences to women and men in the Great Neck and Manhattan areas of New York.
For the most discerning patients.
Contact Us Today
* All indicated fields must be completed.
The premier aesthetic practice
on Long Island and Manhattan.