A breast lift can help to restore the appearance of a woman’s breasts, bringing them to a more youthful and elevated position. Dr. Leipziger sees the breast lift as a way to help patients return to their younger, more confident selves, whether they’ve experienced changes such as drooping or sagging of the breasts due to pregnancy, weight loss, or simply aging.
What is a Breast Lift?
Life factors such as having children, losing a large amount of weight, and the natural aging process can all cause a woman’s breasts to droop or point downward. This sagging of the breasts is known as ptosis. Breast lift surgery, or mastopexy, is performed to address these skin issues and reshape the underlying breast tissue to create a lifted and naturally younger appearance of the breasts.
Dr. Leipziger takes the time that is necessary to create fully personalized breast lift procedure plans for each individual patient. He works closely to understand each woman’s specific concerns, and carefully considers her own natural curves to create outcomes that look and feel completely natural.
Women who are also concerned with a loss of breast volume may want to combine their breast lift with breast augmentation surgery. With the use of breast implants, an augmentation can help complement the results of breast lift surgery by replenishing breast volume for a total and well-balanced rejuvenation. These two breast enhancement surgeries may also be performed as part of a mommy makeover, which features a personalized combination of cosmetic breast surgery and body contouring (tummy tuck, liposuction) to address the various changes a woman’s body can experience due to pregnancy and childbirth.
Designing Your Breast Lift
When it comes to your breast lift with Dr. Leipziger, he will work closely with you to customize your procedure based on your unique goals and concerns. As he passionately states, “there is no one way to approach any procedure.”
Your breast lift will consist of a personalized combination of the following steps:
- Removal of Excess/Loosened Skin: Targets and removes excess skin in order to create firmer and tighter contours while helping to elevate the breasts to a more youthful position.
- Tissue Reshaping: Dr. Leipziger will work carefully to create a natural, younger-looking shape of the breasts.
- Areola/ Nipple Correction: In some cases, women may experience an outstretched or enlarged appearance of their nipples or areolas (the darkened area of skin around the nipple). Dr. Leipziger can address this concern during breast lift surgery.
During your breast lift consultation at our Great Neck or Manhattan, New York practice, Dr. Leipziger will discuss all your different options, including incision types, and answer any questions you may have regarding surgery. He will be able to make recommendations based on your goal outcome and your existing body shape and proportions.
Patient Before & Afters
Dr. Leipziger greatly values the privacy of his patients. He would love to share his breast lift patient before and after gallery with you during a private consultation. Please give our office a call to schedule your visit with Dr. Leipziger today.
900 Northern Boulevard, Suite 130
Great Neck, New York 11021
630 Park Ave New York,
New York 10065
“Dr. Leipziger is not only the most talented plastic surgeon as well as extremely intelligent but he is also empathetic and personable. Whether it be the actual surgery or any pre-op & post-op appointments, I always knew I was in the best hands as well as completely trust Dr. Leipziger.”5 Star Review on Google
Breast Lift: Renewing Your Feminine Curves
If you are unhappy about the shape or position of your breasts due to a saggy or deflated appearance, a breast lift with Dr. Leipziger may be just what you are looking for. A personalized breast lift can help to lift the breasts higher on the chest for a more youthful appearance, while reshaping the tissue for a more well-rounded and feminine curve.
1) The primary goal of breast lift surgery is to lift and reshape breasts that have begun to experience some sagging and looseness of the skin. This will help to create a more well-proportioned and youthful contouring of the breasts. If you are also concerned about a loss of volume, Dr. Leipziger may recommend a breast augmentation to increase overall breast fullness.
2) Be prepared to take a week off from work as you recover from your breast lift surgery. It is important to give yourself enough time to relax and heal from surgery.
3) Have a family member or friend ready to drive you home from surgery. While an overnight stay at the hospital is not necessary, your breast lift will be performed under general anesthesia, so it is important you have someone ready to drive you home once your procedure is complete.
3 Things to Know About Breast Lift Recovery
1) Once your breast lift surgery is complete, Dr. Leipziger will place bandages and a surgical bra over your breasts in order to assist with proper healing. He will provide you with detailed care instructions, including how long you will need to wear your surgical bra.
2) You will need to avoid lifting and other exercise or activities that require excessive movement, stretching, or bending. Dr. Leipziger will review pertinent post-operative instructions to insure your best outcome.
3) The results of your breast lift will be immediately noticeable. Your breasts will appear lifted and at a more youthful position. It will take some time for post-surgical bruising and swelling to dissipate, and incision lines will gradually fade and flatten over time.
Most importantly, don’t hesitate to give our office a call should you have any questions during your recovery period. Dr. Leipziger will provide you with detailed instructions for your breast lift aftercare and will schedule follow-up appointments to monitor your healing and ensure your best possible outcome.
Dr. Leipziger has more than 25 years of experience providing patients with beautifully natural outcomes. He is a national award-winning plastic surgeon and recognized in many national publications including New York Magazine’s Best Doctors with a reputation for excellence and artistry in each procedure he performs.
Your breast lift with Dr. Leipziger will be completely personalized to your own specific goals, concerns, and unique body type. With each procedure he performs, Dr. Leipziger skillfully utilizes a three-dimensional approach to create a balanced and elegant result.
If you are wanting to discuss your own breast lift goals, or simply are curious to learn more, please call our Great Neck office at 516-465-8787 or, our Manhattan office at 212-249- 4500. Dr. Lyle Leipziger is a board-certified plastic surgeon proudly providing upscale plastic surgery experiences to women and men in the Great Neck and Manhattan areas of New York.
For the most discerning patients.
Contact Us Today
* All indicated fields must be completed.
The premier aesthetic practice
on Long Island and Manhattan.