Losing a large amount of weight is a remarkable and positively life-changing accomplishment. However, many women and men are unfortunately left with areas of loose or sagging excess skin that has become outstretched over an extended period. No diet or exercise can specifically target these areas of loose skin, which can be extremely discouraging after the hard work put into losing the weight.
Dr. Leipziger strongly recommends a personalized body contouring surgery to provide you with the slim and natural results you deserve to complement your new body.
What is Post Weight Loss Body Contouring?
Skin and tissue that has been stretched out over an extended period of time due to weight gain often lacks the elasticity to bounce back once the weight is lost. Body contouring surgeries like body lift, breast lift, thigh lift and arm lift target this excess skin and tissue, resulting in slimmer and tighter body contours.
Dr. Leipziger is an expert in a variety of body contouring procedures that target different areas of the body. Your specific post weight loss body contouring will be personalized for you based on your own specific areas of concern and may include one or more of the following:
- Body Lift: This will require a 360-degree tightening of the abdomen, hips and back to circumferentially recontour the central torso restoring natural body shape and proportions. In some cases, an abdominoplasty alone may be all that is required. Liposuction may also be combined with these procedures.
- Breast Lift or Breast Reduction for women; Surgical correction of Gynecomastia for men: In some cases, weight loss may have had an impact on the breasts as well as the body. When this occurs excess skin and tissue will need to be removed to reduce the loose sagging breast skin, restoring a more youthful shape to the breasts.
- Arm Lift: Tightens sagging or loosened areas of skin beneath the upper arms, providing the arms with a toned, slimmer contour.
- Thigh Lift: Addresses excess skin and tissue along the inner upper thighs in order to tone and tighten the appearance of the upper legs.
Patient Before & Afters
Dr. Leipziger greatly values the privacy of his patients. He would love to share his post weight loss body contouring patient before and after gallery with you during a private consultation. Please give our office a call to schedule your visit with Dr. Leipziger today.
900 Northern Boulevard, Suite 130
Great Neck, New York 11021
630 Park Ave New York,
New York 10065
“My experience with Dr. Leipziger was positive from the moment I met him. He was very professional and took the time to talk to me about the procedure.”5 Star Review on RealSelf
1) Your surgery will be completely personalized to your specific concerns. Many people struggle with loose areas of excess skin following massive weight loss, but it’s very different in each case, as well as different for men and women. Dr. Leipziger will carefully analyze your body contours, height, weight, BMI, and unique frame in order to create the best plan for achieving improved natural looking results.
2) Be ready to take some time off work and your daily routine as you recover. Post weight loss body contouring will require you to take some time off from work as your skin and body heals. This will vary based on the extent of your surgery (how much skin/tissue is removed), as well as which procedures were performed. You will need to have someone drive you home and assist you during your recovery.
3) Scars from post weight loss body contouring will fade and flatten over time. Dr. Leipziger is highly experienced in performing very natural-looking surgeries with discreet incision locations kept within the natural creases and curves of your body. While there may be some scarring, it can often be easily hidden beneath most clothing and even bathing suits.
4) Results can be maintained for years to come with a continued healthy lifestyle. You put in the work to achieve your new body, and now with post weight loss body contouring you can feel fully confident with your results. With a healthy diet and regular exercise, you can maintain your naturally slimmer shape for years to come.
Most importantly, don’t hesitate to give our office a call should you have any questions during your recovery period. Dr. Leipziger will provide you with detailed instructions for your post weight loss body contouring aftercare and will schedule follow-up appointments to monitor your healing and ensure your best possible outcome.
Dr. Leipziger has more than 25 years of experience providing his patients with slim, natural-looking outcomes. He is a national award-winning plastic surgeon and recognized in many national publications including New York Magazine’s Best Doctors with a reputation for excellence and artistry in each procedure he performs.
Dr. Leipziger looks at every aspect of your body contours, height, weight, BMI, frame, and then creates his surgical plan based on your goals. In addition, he’s dedicated to meeting your expectations and ensuring balance and symmetry.
If you are wanting to discuss your own post-weight loss body contouring goals, or simply are curious to learn more, please call our Great Neck office at 516-465-8787 or, our Manhattan office at 212-249-4500. Dr. Lyle Leipziger is a board-certified plastic surgeon proudly providing upscale plastic surgery experiences to women and men in the Great Neck and Manhattan areas of New York.
For the most discerning patients.
Contact Us Today
* All indicated fields must be completed.
The premier aesthetic practice
on Long Island and Manhattan.